Chuck Schumer believes that every American deserves access to quality, affordable health care. As Senate Majority Leader, he beat the big pharmaceutical companies and ushered in some of the most significant measures to lower the cost of healthcare for millions of Americans.
- Lowered the cost of prescription drugs by allowing Medicare to finally negotiate drug prices for seniors
- Capped out-of-pocket prescription drug costs for Medicare recipients at $2,000 per year
- Capped the price of insulin co-pays at $35 per month for Medicare recipients
- Expanded the Affordable Care Act through 2025, lowering health insurance premiums and allowing tens of thousands of New Yorkers to gain coverage
- Passed additional funding for Medicaid through the American Rescue Plan to incentivize states to finally expand Medicaid