Chuck is proud to be the first Senate Majority Leader from New York. Throughout his decades of leadership in Washington, he’s always prioritized delivering funding and resources to improve the lives of working New Yorkers.
- Saved the Subways: Chuck delivered billions in relief that prevented catastrophic service cuts, held down fares, and kept tens of thousands of transit workers on the job during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Stood up for delivery workers: Together with Los Deliveristas Unidos, Chuck helped deliver better labor protections for bike delivery workers in New York City, including better charging infrastructure and access to bathrooms while on the job
- Passed historic limousine safety regulations: Following the deadliest limousine crash in American history in Scoharie, Chuck fought to close loopholes and upgrade safety standards for limos. These life-saving regulations were passed in the Bipartisan Infrastructure Act.
- Delivered good-paying high tech and construction jobs in Long Island: Secured a multibillion-dollar federal investment in the Electron Ion Collider to Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) on Long Island, a project that is projected to create 4,000 construction jobs.
- Saved New York City taxi drivers from the crushing burden of predatory debt: Chuck is the son-in-law of a cabbie and brokered a historic tax medallion debt deal that ended an inspiring two-week long hunger strike by cab drivers in November 2021.
- Cleaning up New York’s drinking water: Chuck led the charge to get the federal government and U.S. Navy to clean up the toxic Bethpage Plume, an area on Long Island contaminated by the former Naval Weapons Industrial Reserve Plant (NWIRP) and Northrop Grumman facilities in Bethpage. This saved Long Islanders from toxic drinking water and catastrophic rate hikes.
- Saved New York workers from losing their pensions: Greediness on Wall Street put the pensions of thousands of workers in danger. Alongside New York’s unions, Chuck fought to fully restore the pensions of more than 620,000 workers.
- Passed groundbreaking airline safety regulations: After the deadly crash of Continental Flight 3407 outside Buffalo in 2009, Chuck fought to improve safety regulations and training requirements for airplane pilots. Since these rules were enacted, there have been no airline passenger fatalities on a U.S. domestic carrier.
- Passed largest ever aid-package for veterans: Chuck successfully fought to pass the PACT Act, which provides health care to veterans exposed to toxic burn pits that were common in Iraq and Afghanistan. He also expanded healthcare coverage for veterans exposed to Agent Orange.